- Assisting various wool producing states of the Indian Union in development of wool sector through centrally sponsored schemes.
- Initiating measures for standardization and quality control of wool and woolens.
- The Wool Testing Laboratories (Pre loom) at Bikner & Beawar (Rajasthan), Jamnagar (Gujarat), Chamba (H.P.), Rannebenur (Karnataka), Leh-Ladakh (J&K).
- The Industrial Service Centre (Post Loom testing facilities) at Bikaner (Rajasthan), Kullu (H.P.)
- Raw wool Scouring facilities at Beawer (Rajasthan), Palampur (HP), leh & Jammu (J&K)
- Computer Aided Designing Centre (CAD) for carpet at Jaipur (Rajasthan), Kullu (H.P.)
- Weaving & Designing Training Centre, Kullu (H.P.)
- Wool Scouring and Drying Plant at Beawar (Raj.), Jammu & Leh (J &K), Plampur (H.P.), Pashmina Deharing Plant at Leh (J&K)
- Organizing Exhibition cum Sale of Woollens for weavers/societies
- Organizing Training for woolgrowers, weavers and technical persons.
- Evolve an Integrates approach to wool production and its utilization formulation of schemes, extension work, implementation and evaluation of augmenting wool production and upgrading the quality thereof.
- To promote or undertake arrangement for better marketing and stabilizing the prices of wool and products made thereof.
- Developing of specialty fiber i.e. Angora Rabbit Wool and Pashmina Goat Wool.
- CWDB is disseminating information useful to the industry through different kinds of mandies.